Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wing work

 The weather here is finally starting to warm up a bit!!  I've started digging into the wings.  One wing has a little bit of water damage on the front edge, and the other had some mice living in it.. Both wings had a snapped off trailing edge.

In the first couple pics, I put the wings on just to be sure they fit right.  The looked pretty decent.  There is a small gap between the wings and the fuselage that I'll end up filling with a piece of fiberglass of colored tape.













I trimmed of the old splinters, sanded it down, and then glued on these new pieces.  The're about 1 inch tall and 7/8 wide, and made from poplar. 








The mice chewed out the same piece in almost every rib.  You can spot it in this pic. The piece I replaced with is a bit lighter than the rest.






 The front edge of this wind had a bit of water damage, must of sat in a puddle or something.  I pulled off the rotten wood and replaced it.  I still need to add the plywood face.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!